Sunday 20 February 2011

February 20th: Doctor Who, Denmark and daft amounts of brackets.

It's been quite a while since I last wrote, or at least it feels that way... it's only really been a couple of weeks. I guess it seems like longer because the amount of times I've sat here with my fingers tapping at the keyboard, trying to come up with something of a tiny bit of interest to say (and failing) is ridiculous. I've got about ten drafts in my Edit Posts page all saying pretty much the same thing, all ending up with me stopping after I've written about this much and reading them through and thinking God, this is boring. Who's going to want to read that? Because like Hannah said in one of her tweets once, it's not that blogging is hard, it's just that I bore me... should I put that out there for the world to see?

(The answer, in her case, is hell yes. She may bore herself but everyone else loves her.)

My lack of updates hasn't been due to a lack of a subject though. I've certainly got a lot to say (and will probably do so in my typical manner of using far too many words to describe a simple thing... really must stop doing that. Word limits hate me.)

So first of all, I am now learning to drive. And it's amazing. Like really amazing. I've had two lessons and a bit of road-terrorizing going on round where I live (twenty miles per hour... I am such a badass) and I haven't crashed yet... yet being the operative word. Though according to my mum, I'm instinctively good at it. (A load of crap, but nice to hear.)

(Wow, I like brackets. I've only written three paragraphs and the brackets are out in force. Are they stalking me?)

Also, now it's half term and tomorrow I'm orf to Devon to visit my step-grandad and the South-African-wife-he-married-in-secret-last-June-eighteen-months-after-my-nana-died-and-whom-I-didn't-much-like-at-first-but-now-I-do. Innit. My dad's family is complicated. But they're fun and Devon's great, even if I have been there 2156843373000000 times and don't really appreciate it that much anymore. But there's an open day for one of the Plymouth universities - the one I applied to - on Wednesday and since Plymouth is in Devon, we considered it useful to crash with the grandparents while we were there. I'm really hoping I like the uni, since the town is amazing and the entry requirements are practically nothing. Having said that... it would be so embarrassing if I didn't even get the grades for that. Oh, how complicated all this uni business is!

Also, I have just realized my dad's speaking in an Australian accent on the phone. Who on Earth is he talking to?!

So Devon's a four hour drive from home and I assume we'll be home around eight on Wednesday evening, which is fine because that means I can go to bed early ready for getting up at four the next morning to grace Heathrow airport with my presence because I'm going to Denmaaaaaark! Woooo! Finally I get to see Cora again... August to February is a long long time and I miss her! But on Thursday morning I am getting the earliest flight possible and I should be there at 9:45AM... assuming the snow the wonderful Danes are supposed to be getting doesn't delay me and it bloody better not. And then we're spending the day in Copenhagen and seeing our friend Julie, who lives there (and whose name I will definitely pronounce wrong) and THEN we're seeing Wicked... in Danish. So I'm going to see my favourite musical, in my favourite language, in my favourite country, with my favourite person. Epic, right? And the fact that I don't speak Danish is just a small inconvenience. Since this is my fifth time seeing Wicked I'm hoping that I know the storyline well enough to follow anyway. I'm so excited! And I can't wait to hear what the songs are like in Danish - actually the good thing about it is that I can understand some Danish but not enough to annoy me if the songs are translated badly. Which they won't be, because Denmark's awesome.

And then I'm staying there until Sunday and on Monday I have college. Talk about coming back to reality with a bump. And just to add insult to injury, I have two pieces of coursework due in on the first day back.

So all in all, life's good. Except oh God, results day is in eighteen days... craaaaap. I have so failed everything! Well. I've so failed history. English not so much. But I doubt I got what I needed. Anyway, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Wow. I have actually finished a blog post! Amazing. Oh and I really should mention this:


This is my Adipose. Any Doctor Who fans out there? Cora got this for me and it's so adorable! It's a stress ball so it's squishy and kind of sticky and it's got a tooth. Honestly, I have never seen anything so cute. It's even got toes! And you can hold its hand. Adorable.

And yes, you can see one of my post-it notes from my English revision on the wall. I believe that particular post-it was talking about 'backing' - when a vowel is pronounced towards the back of the mouth.

So there's your random pointless fact. You really do learn something new everyday. Hmm, maybe I should make it a regular feature... a random pointless fact in every post.

Anyway, I'm going to leave you to it now, my beloved bloglings. Have fun and I'll hopefully bore you again soon with a long-winded account of everything that's happening this week.

Molly x

Also, Cora bought two massive packets of chocolate M&Ms for when I go there. See, this is why I love her.

No comments: